SURF TRAINING METHODOLOGY
AFTER MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WE’VE DEVELOPED A METHOD IN THE TEACHING OF SURFING THAT ENSURES QUICK LEARNING, AND ABOVE ALL, IT’S SAFE AND FUN.
The life of Berria Surf School’s director (Ruben Abelenda) has always been linked to surfing and the ocean. He started competing at a very young age and accomplishing good results (6th National Championship 2001, won several national championships).
In 1998 Ruben focused all his knowledge about teaching surfing, and the myriad of experiences gained during years of free surfing (which led him to all corners of the world) on creating BerriaSurfSchool & BerriaSurfCamp on Berria Beach (Santoña), intending to convey his passion for the sport.
After so many years of experience we have developed a method of teaching that guarantees quick learning, and above all, it’s safe and fun.
Here you will learn and you will have fun to the max.
All our instructors are qualified and have extensive experience in teaching the sport. They will be at your side, helping you in each session and sharing his knowledge in order to make your stay with us a one in a lifetime experience.
Our policy is no more than 6 students per instructor in the water, so we guarantee you a personal approach.
Currently our surf school is sponsored by major brands such as REEF, O’NEILL and FULL & CAS. For us the most important value of the surf school is the human touch of our instructors and leisure supervisors, which make, everyone who comes to live a surfing experience with us, want to repeat.
Improvement lessons objectives:
-For the more advanced and those who already know how to surf, we adjust to your level, so you can start progressing; turning, explaining maneuvers and correcting mistakes, while honing the technique.
– Completion of basic maneuvers (reentry, cut-back, floater) in a controlled manner.
– Visualizing and maneuvering in the critical part of the waves.
– Flexion and rotation of turns.
– Maximum use of frontside and backside surfing.
– Perfecting technique and style. A great style = A great surfer.
– Tips and tricks to reach your surfing potential.
– Improvement of your surfing skills: control, speed, and coordination in the execution of radical maneuvers.
– Wide range of maneuvers. New moves.
– Lessons are guided in and out of the water. Video corrections. Clinics.
Instructor: Ruben Abelenda. Certified by the ISA, the Spanish Surfing Federation and the Cantabrian Surfing Federation. Surf Judge. Ruben belongs to the select group of Second Level Surf Coach (TD2)